It is without doubt that Samsung has one of the best memory and storage solutions for hard drives. Solid State Drives (SSDs) play a major role in ensuring that the speed of your computer is highly improved thanks to the 3D V-NAND Technology. This creative technology works in a manner whereby layers of transistors are stack on top of the other in a vertical axis dimension. Apart from that it also enhances delivery and retrieval of data packets and cuts power consumption to 3 Watts while executing the read/write process. As we look into matters Samsung 850 Evo vs 840 Pro SSD, we will learn about the features of these products and how they operate.
Samsung 850 Evo and 840 Pro Comparison and Differences
· Both are supported by Rapid and TurboWrite technologies.
· Samsung 850 Evo has a Sequential read of 520 MB per second whereas Samsung 840 Pro has a Sequential read of 540 MB per second.
· The sequential write of 850 Evo is 520 MB per second on 250 GB, 500 GB and 1 TB models. This is the same write speed when operating on 120 GB model. On the other hand, 840 Pro’s sequential write speed is 520 MB per second when operating on 256 GB and 512 GB models but the speed is low on a 128 GB model as the write speed is 390 GB per second.
· 850 Evo’s NAND type is 19nm 128Gbit 3D V-NAND 3-bit TLC whose 32 layers are packed up vertically while 840 Pro’s NAND type is Samsung 21nm Toggle-Mode MLC.
· 850 Evo comes with a 5-year warranty and is capable of 75 TB writes whereas 840 Pro comes with the same warranty as 850 Evo’s but it can perform 100 TB writes as opposed to 850 Evo.
Both Samsung 850 Evo and Samsung 840 Pro are excellent innovations from Samsung. With their great read/write speed and huge memory storages, bulks of work can be accomplished and stored safely without any risk of data loss. Even though Samsung 850 Evo’s price is $105.99 as compared to the price of 840 Pro which is high at $279.99, the Samsung 840 Pro comes out the winner because of its higher read/write speed. It also performs more TB writes than 850 Evo making it a customer favorite. Perhaps, you may also like the comparison of Crucial BX200 and Samsung 850 Evo.
Samsung 850 EVO Vs 840 PRO
|Samsung 850 EVO||Samsung 840 PRO|
|Key Features||- Optimized performance for everyday computing needs - Sequential read speed 550 MB/s; Sequential write speed 520 MB/s; Random read speed 100K; Random write speed 90K - Energy efficient - improves battery life by up to 50 minutes vs. hard disk drives - Worry-free data security with AES 256-bit, TCG/Opal v.2 and Microsoft eDrive full-disk encryption - Backed by a five-year limited warranty - Capacity: 250GB - Form Factor: 2.5 inch||- Enables you to boot up your computer in as little as 10 seconds - Energy efficient--improves battery life by up to 50 minutes - Solid-state design provides greater shock protection for data; brushed metal case blocks dust and corrosion - Worry-free data security with AES 256-bit full-disk encryption - 4th-generation 3-Core Samsung MDX Controller ensures sustained performance under demanding conditions - Precision engineered using 100-percent Samsung genuine components - Backed by a five-year limited warranty|
Available : 120 GB, 250 GB, 500 GB, 1 TB.
Available : 128 GB, 256GB, 512 GB
|Customer Rating||4.8 out of 5.0 stars||4.8 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Offer||save 29% please click here||save money please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Samsung SSDs are crucial to computers and with the Samsung 850 Evo vs 840 Pro competitions being in the market limelight, you cannot afford to let go the chance of boosting you computer speed and data processing.