Strawberries do wonders for your skin. Being abundant in nutrients, you can anticipate Strawberry to perform wonders for your skin. This fruit had its first reference in the ancient Roman literature in reference to its medical use. The word strawberry is derived from the Old English streawberige– due to the fact that the plant sends out runners that are comparable to pieces of straw.
Called ‘fraise’ in French, ‘erdbeere’ in Greek, ‘fragola’ in Italian, and ‘fresa’ in Spanish, strawberries have been in cultivation for thousands of years. Some records reveal that the early inhabitants in Massachusetts cultivated and ate strawberries as early as 1643. California is the largest producer of strawberries in the United States, with over 25,000 acres planted every year. And by the method, these berries come in different varieties.
Benefits of Strawberries for Skin:
1. Today, scientifically it has been proven that strawberries with their anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory and astringent residential or commercial properties assist slowing down aging process, deal with burns and provide best form of UV defense.
2. Being abundant in alpha-hydroxylic acid, Strawberries assist get rid of dead skin cells.
3. They have a high material of salicylic acid making them the ideal representatives to treat acne.
4. It also includes substantial Vitamin C content that boosts up collagen production and reduces fine lines and wrinkles. Omega- 3 fats discovered in strawberries lighten the complexion and lower dark circles.
5. You can likewise use this fruit to tone your skin, improve skin texture, and lighten coloring and acne marks.
6. Rich in vitamin C, these fruits can be utilized to make outstanding face masks to fight oily skin, as well as nourish and revitalize your skin. Strawberries are acidic in nature and this is reliable to remove the excess sebum on skin.
Note: Some individuals may be allergic to strawberries, which may cause the skin to breakout into rash, hives and contact dermatitis. Therefore, carry out a skin patch test prior to you proceed with application of any of the following face packs. If you experience any inflammation, please discontinue using strawberries.
Sweet strawberry face mask
Strawberries consist of a high concentrates of a chemical called alpha-hydroxyl acid which is extremely efficient in helping slough off dead cells on the external surface area of the skin and removing excess oils. Making a simply fruit face mask can do numerous wonders in fixing skin as well as nourishing it.
Homemade Strawberry Face Mask for Acne
Strawberry facial mask helps in treating acne due to the existence of vitamin C in addition to salicylic acid. In order to make this mask you will require the following:
1/4 cup fresh strawberries
1/4 cup plain yoghurt
Preparation: Add and take a bowl to it fresh strawberries which should be mashed correctly. Now include yoghurt to it and mix it well with strawberries.
Homemade Strawberry face mask for oily skin
You can also use strawberry to deal with oily skin too. You can quickly make a face pack with strawberries which will give your skin a healthy radiance, cleans in addition to exfoliates your skin and assistance to obtain rid of extreme oil from the skin too. Exactly what you will need:
1 tbsp of oatmeal
2tbsp of fuller’s earth
Preparation: Take all these components in a bowl and grind them well in a food processor. Make sure it gets transformed into a great paste. Now apply it on your face and leave for 20 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water to get a radiant and soft skin.
Homemade Strawberry Face Mask for Dry Skin
Considering that strawberries are rich source of vitamin C and Omega 3 Fats so they keep your skin moisturized and thus deals with flaky and dry skin too. Simply apply strawberry facial mask to deal with roughness and dryness of your skin. What you require:
1/2 tablespoon of heavy cream
2 tbsp of Honey
Preparation: Mash strawberries in a bowl and include to it fresh cream and honey. Now use it on your face and leave for 15 minutes.